Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Edition: The Complete Reference (Paperback)
by Richard Petersen (Author), Ibrahim Haddad (Author)
- Paperback: 896 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media; 1 edition (December 23, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072230754
- ISBN-13: 978-0072230758
Master the essentials of the Red Hat Linux distribution, including GUI, administration, and software management. Discover updated material on the Linux kernel, the new version of Gnome, and KDE, the new version of the K Desktop. Each is also featured on the included DVD along with Red Hat X. This comprehensive book simplifies Red Hat administration tools including Linuxconf, the Red Hat setup and GUI based tools, and Red Hat implementations of the Kernel, libraries, and system directories.
From the Back Cover
The Ultimate In-Depth Linux Resource! Includes the most recent version of Fedora on DVD!
Maximize the powerful capabilities of Red Hat Enterprise and Fedora Linux using this comprehensive and up-to-date reference. YouÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ll get full details on everything from installation and configuration to system administration and server management of Enterprise Linux–with specifics on the Linux Kernel 2.6. Thorough security coverage includes GPG, IPSec, SSH, Kerberos, and firewalls. Learn to deploy and manage Web, proxy, mail, and print servers, and administer users, software, and file systems. The DVD contains 1,500+ applications and corresponding source code for the entire Red Hat Fedora Core distribution–normally available on multiple CD-ROMs. This is your one-stop guide to the most secure and advanced Linux distribution.
- Install, manage, secure, and administer Enterprise Linux 3.0 and Fedora
- Master Bluecurve, KDE, GNOME, office and multimedia applications, the shell, file systems, and Internet clients
- Deploy and manage servers–vsftpd and ProFTP (FTP), Apache (Web), Sendmail and Postfix (mail), Squid (proxy), CUPS (print), and HTDig (search), SAMBA and NFS (file), NIS, and BIND (DNS), and DHCP
- Master the complete suite of Red Hat system and network administration tools
- Manage users, services, journaling file systems, RAID devices, LVM volumes, and printers
- Reconfigure the 2.6 kernel and its modules
- Ensure system and network security using packet filtering, authentication, digital signatures, VPNs, and encryption
- Deploy powerful desktop, office, database, graphic, editing, and Internet applications
Richard Petersen, MLIS, teaches UNIX and C/C++ courses at the University of California at Berkeley. He is the author of Linux: The Complete Reference (all four editions), Linux Programming: A BeginnerÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Guide, and many other titles. Technical reviewer: Ibrahim Haddad is a researcher at Ericsson Canada, where he works with the system architecture of 3G wireless IP networks. He is a contributing editor for Linux Journal and LinuxWorld, and serves as a technical writer for Linux User & Developer.
About the Author
Richard Petersen (Berkeley, CA) has an MLIS in library and information studies and teaches UNIX and C/C++ courses at the University of California at Berkeley. He is the author of Linux: The Complete Reference (first and second editions) and Academic Press’ Introductory C: Pointers, Functions, and Files.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Fedora Edition (DVD): The Complete Reference (Paperback)
Author: Richard Petersen, Ibrahim Haddad
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media
Book Price: $2.06
12 used & new available from $2.06
Fast Download Link1, Link2, Link3
Note: We do not host these ebook files on this server. If you have any complaint of copyright, please leave a comment. We'll remove the download link immediatly!
Direct Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Edition: The Complete Reference
Fast Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Edition: The Complete Reference
Watch youtube to earn money!